Thursday, September 29, 2005

Problems with the Computer Lab Audio

I just found out that I can't play certain audio file types on the laptops in rm117. I tried to play a PowerPoint with a WMA encoded at 960kbps and didn't get any sound out. It must have to do with the version of Windows Media Player. I'll have to check on that later, not that I'll be able to update the versions on those computers.

I also noticed that I have to be careful about which images I choose for my class blogs since not all will appear on those laptops (see example).


Note: next year, have the guys make their own (laminated) mouse pads; I hope the guys remember to bring their headphones in tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kent said...

I found out why the computers in the lab won't show this picture. It's because there's a firewall preventing the user to view this picture.

Kent said...

Thankfully the students can use the built-in speakers in the laptops in case they forget their headphones.